Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Blue Lake

This past weekend Mommy and Daddy took me to Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp (www.bluelake.org). Grandpa Jimmer has been conducting there every summer since Mommy was 5 years old so it is a family tradition. We stayed in Cabin 13 in Faculty Village .

We went to listen to Grandpa Jimmer's orchestra rehearsal and he introduced me to his group. I thought they sounded really good and I really liked that I could push my truck in the sand and leaves while I listened to the music.

Blue Lake is near the town of Whitehall. I finally got to eat lunch and ice cream at the famous Pekadill's. It was very yummy.

We went to Meinert Park on Lake Michigan for some funnin' and sunnin'. I LOVE the sand so I thought the beach was great! However, Lake Michigan was too cold for swimming.

We celebrated Grandma Sally's birthday at the Dog-n-Suds in Whitehall. I had my very first corn dog. Now I know why Daddy gets so excited about them - they are tasty!

It was a fun weekend and I am looking forward to going back to camp next summer.

love,
Emily

No comments: