Monday, August 4, 2008

California Day 4 - 7/17/08

Boats were the theme of the day. In the morning, Mommy and Daddy took me and Gi Gi to tour the U.S.S. Midway, which is docked in the San Diego harbor. This was one of the first aircraft carriers and it is VERY big.

It was cool to see the different parts of the ship. For it being such a big boat, there are a lot of tight spaces. The most exciting exhibit were the planes and helicopters you could sit in. We all got to have our "Top Gun" moments.

Mommy

Gi Gi Sally

Emmy

The A2 Plums

We were having a good time on the Midway and we wanted to see the flight deck. There were a lot of stairs and I was holding hand with Mommy and Daddy who were helping me up by lifting me. I think I tweaked something in my arm because it hurt quite a bit when we got up to the flight deck. We took a break and listened to a talk about how they land the airplanes on the boat, but it was still hurting and Mommy and Daddy were worried so we decided to leave. On our way out, the first aid crew took a look at it and then it felt much better. This was our only medical drama for the whole trip and by the time we got to In-N-Out Burger for lunch, I was fine, much to everyone's relief.

Later on in the day, I was able to have some quality time with Gi Gi and Ga Ga while Mommy and Daddy went to the bachelor/bachelorette party. They went for a harbor cruise, dinner and drinks. Here are some pictures:

Aunt Mary & Mommy

Daddy, Mommy, Aunt Mary, Uncle James

Auntie Jack & Mommy

Daddy & Mommy

No comments: