Thursday, July 31, 2008

California Day 3 - 7/16/08

Day 3 in California and we were headed Sea World. Our first stop was the Sesame Street Bay of Play. It was awesome! I went on all of the rides: Elmo's Flying Fish, Oscar's Electric Eel and Abby's Spinning Starfish.



I also had fun climbing the cargo net with Daddy, playing in the bounce zone and watching my Sesame Street friends sing and dance on the big boat. The Bay of Play was really great, but I was anxious to see my aquatic friends, especially the dolphins. Aunt Mary, Daddy, Mommy and I sat in the first row "splash zone" for the dolphin show. Gi Gi & Ga Ga decided to stay dry and sit higher up, which was smart. Those dolphins sure like to jump and splash! We got wet!

After a lunch break, we went to see the sharks. The sharks live in a really cool cave. We walked down, down, down and soon we were in an underwater tunnel and the sharks were swimming all around us. It was pretty dark and hard for Daddy to take pictures of the sharks, but here is a picture of me looking up at them. I liked the sharks so much we went through a second time (I would have stayed all day!) and made a souvenier shark penny. Gi Gi and Ga Ga also bought me a stuffed shark to cuddle with and remind me of our fun day.

When you're two and it's hot, you don't last all day. We didn't make it to see Shamu on this trip, but that just gives us a reason to go back. Here I am watching the sea lions and harbor seals with Aunt Mary and Daddy.

After a long, cool nap at the hotel, we went to have dinner with Mommy's friend Lisa and her husband Brian. I was not very interested in eating dinner, but I loved the park by their house. It has great sand and so many fun things to climb on. Also, it is close to the Naval and Marine bases so there were lots of planes and copters flying over. They are having a baby in December and I know he or she is going to have a lot of fun at the park!

When we got back to the hotel, I was still going strong and Gi Gi and Ga Ga were headed to the pool so Mommy and I went along. It was very fun swimming at night and doing lots of splashing!

Stay tuned for more...

No comments: