Wednesday, July 30, 2008

California Day 2 - 7/15/08

Remember that jet lag I mentioned in my last post? Well, it made for quite an early morning on our second day in California. I tried to sleep in, but my Michigan body kept telling me it was 8:00 a.m. (5:00 a.m. PST) and it was time to go. Mommy and I explored the hotel for an hour or so, then we got Daddy up for an early morning swim. The pool was outside , but heated so it was a lot of fun. I really started to enjoy swimming and splashing !

Here I am splashing daddy with some of my pool friends. After our swim and some breakfast at Jamba Juice with GiGi and GaGa, Mommy, Daddy and I went for an excursion. We drove about an hour north of San Diego to Cypress, where Subaru R&D has its California office.

We met Miss Heidi who gave me some delicious Japanese cookies and took us on a tour. The office is pretty similar to the one at home.

Here I am showing Daddy how to run a meeting in the conference room. The white board and markers were really cool!

After visiting SRD - CA, Daddy took us to lunch at one of his favorite restaurants, Curry House. After lunch, we took the scenic route, Pacific Coast Highway, back south. We got out in Huntington Beach to stretch our legs and test out the surf.

I napped in the car both ways on our adventure so I got pretty well adjusted to California time. In the evening we went for pizza with the gang in The Gaslamp District of SD and for dessert we went to Aunt Mary & Uncle James' favorite gelato store.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments: